What do I do with the Saran wrap on my tattoo?

I just got my first tattoo on my ankle - it's pretty small and it was finished about exactly two hours ago. I've read online and heard lots of people say that whatever covering you have should be removed 1 to 2 hours after it's finished. My artist covered mine with saran wrap and my instruction sheet... show more I just got my first tattoo on my ankle - it's pretty small and it was finished about exactly two hours ago. I've read online and heard lots of people say that whatever covering you have should be removed 1 to 2 hours after it's finished.
My artist covered mine with saran wrap and my instruction sheet says to keep that on until tomorrow morning, AND THEN wash it, apply another covering, yaddayaddayadda twice a day for three days.

I know you should listen to your artist because they know best, but I've read that keeping the saran wrap on for too long could ruin the tattoo because of body heat retention. They're suggesting I keep it on for another like, 18 hours! Is this safe? Should I let my tattoo air a little bit and change the saran wrap and leave THAT until tomorrow morning? AH!

Any advice would be great. Thanks!!