T.D asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Can I file I-90 Form to renew green card if I got my card before i was 14?

I was having some confusion about filing form i-90 to renew my green card so I went to the local USCIS office to file it in person but the person sitting at the service desk told me that I have to file it online. I told him that I don't know my Class of Admission or Date of Admission, my card is lost and expired and that the instruction for filing the i-90 form online outline that you are not eligible to e-file this form if "Your card was issued to you before you were 14 and you have reached your 14th birthday".

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5a...

He told me not to worry about all that and I can still file it online. With hindsight, I should've asked someone else at the office, but should I listen to this guy? Does he know what hes talking about?

My card is lost and expired, but I know my alien registration number because I written it down a long time ago. I got my green card when I was 8, I am over 21 now.

If I have to file it by mail, any advice on the filing process? Please don't just refer me to the filing instructions, it's not that helpful thats why I am asking here.

Favorite Answer

If you cannot understand it or get lost get an aila lawyer to assist you

• A

If USCIS told you to file it anyway, then file it. He probably isn't giving you bad info. It seems to me that e-filing is not allowed for you because those that are under 14 when they received their green card may have their information in a separate database. I dunno, but I couldn't think of another reason.

I don't have any advice for you about filing it by mail because I've never had to (I'm a natural-born citizen). However, the instructions are not hard at all.

If in doubt, just call USCIS and they should walk you through the mailing process.