Teen Girl Bedroom Decorating Advice?

Okay, so I'm moving, and I need to decorate my new bedroom. I'm a thirteen year old girl. Not much of a girly girl, so no pink or frillyness please. Just wondering if you can offer me any other ideas. As for the room, its an average bedroom size I guess. Not huge, but not tiny either. Also if anyone's got any ideas for diy projects to go in my bedroom. (bulletin boards etc.) The colours that I want in my bedroom are white for the walls, black accents, and blue as the feature colour. I'd have a little light blue, some medium blue, dark blue, and I might throw in a tiny bit of purple for fun. Tell me if you think those colours would look good together.

Here's what I've got to work with.

A big black bunk bed thats a double mattress size on the bottom and twin on top. (I would probably sleep on the bottom and fill the top with pillows and stuffed animals and just hang out up there and read or something)

A big fluffy wonderfully comfy duvet. The duvet cover is light blue paisley so I was thinking of having a blue colour scheme. I could always get another duvet cover though.

A round wood table. Right now it's sort of light brown, but I could paint it black so it would match the bed. Or I could just leave it light brown. I was thinking of using it for homework instead of my desk, but idk.

A desk that I could also paint black.

A really nice bookcase that's white. I was thinking of splatter painting it with dark blue, purple and black so it would coordinate with the rest of the room. I would probably get a few other accessories in a splatter paint design so it would match. (lampshade, pillows, etc)

Some random other things like lamps, chairs, stuff like that. Most of it could be modified to fit the colour scheme of blue black and white.

That's what I have right now, I could buy a few things but for the most part I have to stick with what I have. I really am open to anything, if you have any ideas at all please share. Also if anyone has any ideas for decorations or accessories, anything like that. Sorry it's kind of long, but I really appreciate your taking the time to read it and offer advice!

Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

Have a really good clean up. Spiders will only come back if you don't use your room and let it get dirty. As for decoration paint the walls and decorate with posters or have a photo wall with pics of all your friends and family. It is great to look back at photos and have a laugh.

Well if your looking to for stuff you can instead of painting the small table get table clothes in the colors black on bottom white then add some of the blues then the glass . get some patterns in there to bring out the colors oh add a lighter shade with these colors. It will make you feel drab to dark all youhave is the white need pattern or a odd color. change your cutains, rugs add lights behind your head board