Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMotorcycle Racing · 10 years ago

Which would win in a race? A Bugatti or Kawaski zx-14?

I'm reading this cool sci-fi novel called "The Bialien trilogy" and in the year 2014 the author has a sup up 2015 Bugatti racing a Kawasaki zx16... In the novel the Bugatti slowly pulled in front @ 150mph. I know a little about cars and bikes, so i was wondering if today a Bugatti would beat a Kawasaki zx14, since people claim this is the fastest bike....

Favorite Answer

the Bugatti Veyron would win.

straight drag race

track race, street race.

endurance race.

all of them. far too much power for the ZX.corners better too.

closest i could find is against the R1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbMStoxjD4M

Youtube thumbnail

&p=A9F6F139048F74D3&playnext=1&index=60

I know its not a race and the bike is just there filming. but watch the acceleration of the Veyron.

and the R1 isnt that much slower than the ZX

I would have said maybe the ZXcould win over 100meters, but I doubt that too.

the Bugatti has power and grip. the bike has a problem putting the power down.

edit.. I doubt even on a twisty track a zx14 would cope with the Veron. its not the nimblest of bikes. the veron is a quick car around corners too. its very well designed, it would be interesting to see it up against an F1 car.

The Veyron which is I guess the car which you are referring to has around 1200 hp and the Kawasaki about 180-200hp. The bike would probably get off the line quicker due to the power to weight ratio but the Bugatti would catch it quick smart i suspect...

And I'm sorry WiggySan, the ZX14 is a big pig of a bike that probably wouldn't be quicker in the corners either...

Zx14 0-60

If the track was twisty the bike would win, but straight line the car would win.

The new Bugatti SS was clocked at 267mph. The ZX14 will just crack 200mph with a few mods.

Depends. 0-60 and the 1/4 mile the ZX14 would win. Any of you think otherwise go check your stats. ZX14 0-60 2.3 secs. 1/4 mile 9.1 secs.