cory asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Which online music store gives the artist a larger cut, iTunes, Amazon, or emusic?

the option to buy from amazon or iTunes comes up a lot. I usually buy iTunes because I'm already set up, but which service should I prefer if I want the artist to get the largest share?

Favorite Answer

Neither websites have a say into how much the artist get as a cut, that is set up by the recording studio that the artist signs with. If you were to buy CDs staight out, then CDBaby gives the independent artists the most for their money, because normally indie artist do not sign with a major label and press their stuff themselves.

Artist's royalties are a percentage of the purchase price - The percentage is part of the agreement between the record company and the artist. So the one that charges the most for the track would give the artist the most money.

• anthia

i actually don't be attentive to lots approximately this subject count by way of fact neither have I lived long adequate and neither do I stay in a position the place song is fairly proper (for this reason, a loss of song shops). yet right this is my tale. earlier I initiate, web content like Amazon many times do no longer deliver right here. Ocassionally, i circulate to the massive city the place there rather are some song shops. Over right here, as you reported there are a number of times mainstream albums. So, some months in the past I went to a song shop, in basic terms finding, no longer awaiting to purchase something. yet what's this I see, something buried below the different CDs, something rather dusty. I %. it up, and circulate 'Woah!' dark Angel's Darkness Descends. probable the sole one interior the city, even perhaps the entire u . s . a .. the exhilaration of procuring for that CD is unexplainable. Hell, it became much extra much less costly than the different ones reason no one became paying for it! Now i've got learnt that if I dig deep adequate, I be able to discover some gemstones interior the almost ineffective shops. i don't be attentive to if it is the case with WalMart or BestBuy and that i do no longer additionally be attentive to if my tale had something to do with the question. in basic terms wanted absolutely everyone to be attentive to. ($20 huh? Yeah, that's relating to the cost we'd desire to consistently pay for a CD right here in each and every song shop) MA: CDs/Vinyls of direction. The linear notes, random %. of the band/artist, lyrics(dissimilar the time), that's the definitely factor the band wanted you to have. MA2: Napalm demise's Smear marketing campaign. no longer a huge deal to maximum of you human beings yet definitely a huge deal right here. MA3: i think you are attempting to discover Lunar Eclipse. i actually don't be attentive to yet do no longer supply up my chum. circulate to China in case you will possibly desire to!

Vive la emoción de ver una buena película en tu propia casa comprándolas en internet. No es nada mas relajante que ver una buena película en casa, he comprado muchas DVD-s con películas interesante en amazon, la última adquisición ha sido una película para niños, le ha gustado tanto a mi hija la película y la calidad del sonido y del video que he vuelto para comprar mas como regalo porque las cosas buenas tienes que compartir.