promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 10 years ago

Who is the worst hitter on the San Francisco Giants?

Not the best, but the worst. And why?

Giants batters:

Buster Posey

Aubrey Huff

Pablo Sandoval

Juan Uribe

Freddy Sanchez

Jose Guillen

Edgar Renteria

Mike Fortenot

Travis Ishikawa

Cody Ross

Pat Burrell

Aaron Rowand

4 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That would be Aaron Rowand. Offensively, Rowand has become very predictable the past couple seasons. He's always chasing pitches out of the strike-zone and when he's not doing that, he's swinging through a fastball right down the middle. Sure, every once in a while Rowand will hit one out, but that's a rarity these days.

You can count on Rowand defensively, but offensively, forget about it. With Torres out the next week or so, Rowand might see some playing time,(although I would hope Cody Ross or Nate Schierholtz receive majority of playing time) so hopefully he could actually contribute something to the offense.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Brian Wilson, yet don't be bowled over if Tyler Walker takes over ultimately. The Giants' pitching team might desire to be plenty extra effective than final season. Barry Zito had a depressing 3 hundred and sixty 5 days final 3 hundred and sixty 5 days, yet he finished the season very solid and he does not have as plenty stress as he did final 3 hundred and sixty 5 days. I assume Zito to have a solid 3 hundred and sixty 5 days, including 13-sixteen wins with a three.9 era. Matt Cain and Tim Lincecum are 2 extraordinary youthful starters. With yet another 3 hundred and sixty 5 days under their belt, the two certainly one of those flamethrowers look poised for a breakout 3 hundred and sixty 5 days. Noah Lowry and Kevin Correia are servicable 4/5 starters. Brian Wilson anchors the bullpen after he finished final season very strongly. He converted 6-7 of his shop possibilities and published a 2.28 era down the stretch. With Tyler Walker and Brad Hennessey, the bullpen might desire to be ok, barring harm. The offense will of course be worse for my area. dropping Barry Bonds does not in basic terms make your team lose 30 HRs. It makes the hitters interior the line-up worse. devoid of Bonds, the Giants lineup has no feared slugger, for this reason allowing the opposing pitcher to no longer difficulty approximately strolling the hitters in front of Bonds. The loss of Pedro Feliz additionally will injury, thinking he became between the few sources of means that the team had. besides the undeniable fact that, the Giants did %. up Aaron Rowand, which will certainly help. he's an extraordinary protective participant who's probable the Giants suitable hitter now as nicely. dissimilar the Giants' offensive fulfillment is predicated upon novices like Rajai Davis and Fred Lewis. i think of their record would be worse by way of fact the communities around them are extra effective. The D'Backs have been given Haren; the Dodgers have been given Andruw; The Rockies are protecting NL Champs. Any of those 3 communities can win the branch back. For now, the Giants offense seems too in probability of compete. The addition of Rowand does not offset the losses of Bonds and Feliz. The Giants are in a rebuilding section suitable now.

• 10 years ago

Out of the people you mentioned, I would also say Rowand. He's having a pretty bad year, only hitting .231. He has the lowest average of the people you mentioned

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Rowand. There is no one else close.

The fact Bochy STILL bats this wasted roster space at lead off shows Bochy is a terrible manager.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.