Is it any of my business to inform a person that my friend has herpes?

There always with a different partner and always gettng pregnant and aborting it. I feel like I should tell because nobody could possibly want to have raw sex knowing she has this std. I'm no snitch but this is very wrong.

Favorite Answer

Speak to your friend first. Make sure that they are having unprotected sex during an outbreak - in other words knowingly passing the virus on. If so you could point out that they are likely to get other STDS by not being protected. If they refuse to listen then yes, you should if you can inform anyone before they have sex with your friend. And probably get some new nicer friends?!

good luck

Unless your good friends with this person, then tell this friend that you're going to tell their partners for them if they don't with in a certain amount of time. Then their private life is none of your business, stay out of it. If their partners don't know you very well then they don't know if they are getting the truth. If it gets back to your friend that you told them then you may be in a bad situation with your friend. If any thing you should tell your friend to get on some kind of birth control if she doesn't want to get pregnant, it's less expensive then getting an abortion.

Also talk to them about what they are doing to manage the herpes. You know herpes isn't always passed on to every one that has sex with some one that has herpes and there are ways to help prevent passing it.

Not a lot of people would want to have sex with some one that has an std like herpes (which is why some people don't tell their partners, they are scared of being rejected but it is selfish of them not to tell) but there are ways of managing herpes and preventing it from being spread to your friends partner if they are taking some precautions. These include using condoms, never having sex when they have any signs of a break out and they should be taking antiviral medication or suppressants regularly.

• Kat

I would like to be told, especially since the condom is not 100% effective against herpes and that it is not because you don't have a visible outbreak yet that you are not contagious.

However, if the girl never uses condoms, doesn't even take the pill and has multiple partners, I assume that she is a slut. That being said, is it possible that those partners have an idea of what kind of girl she is? I mean, they seem to be willing to put themselves at risk. Why would you care about such dumb people?

So, unless someone has the intention to get seriously involved with her, I would say that this is none of your business. However, you might want to remind your friend that even if she already has an STI, she is putting herself at risk of contracting any other serious infections.

• Cooker

First of all, there have been many lawsuits filed--and won--over failure to disclose herpes if you know you are infected. So let's put that legal issue to rest.

Beyond that, I'm not sure why you continue to be friends with a person of such low morals and questionable character. Repeated abortions? Smacks of totally uncaring and irresponsible behavior.

I think you should confront them, speak your mind, and look for other friends. This person is sexually irresponsible--and people need to tell her that, since she seems to have no idea what sexual responsibility is in the first place.

This is a morality question more than anything... but technically you are not involved in this scenario except on the periphery, and telling on your friend to their partner is going to be seen as interference at the mildest and downright rude and obtrusive on the other end.

I do agree that your friend should be informing their partners... but what they are doing is usually not considered illegal as herpes is not a fatal illness... so you wouldn't have legal grounds to interfere here.

And in reality, what are you going to do... follow her around and tell anyone you see her hitting on? I understand your feelings here.. and it is wrong for her not to inform her partners... but it frankly isn't your business to get in the middle of to begin with... and if you do and your friend finds out, the best that will happen is she will kick you out of her life and lie to her partners if you come around again.

And lets be honest... if someone wants to have sex and sees her as a possibility, even if you tell them, they are going to go to her, she lies, and they have sex anyway.

Best in this situation to put as much space between you and her as possible. If you feel like your conscience is going to burn at you for not telling, then for your own sake, but realize that in all likelihood you are just gonna piss off both her and whomever is queuing up to be next on the log flume, and they will do it anyway. Cause they are young guys with only enough blood for one brain at a time.. and she is easy.

You can't be an eternal guardian... make the break and run for the hills.

DUH! of course tell them! how would you feel if you were in her shoes, you'd want to know.

Source(s): using my brain