How Long Does it Take for a Student Loan to go into Default?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Currently I am 15 days past due on my student loan. I am on Long Term Disability from my job and will be getting my first LTD check around the first of October (which I plan to ...show more
Best Answer
  • ? answered 4 years ago
Usually it takes 180 days (6 months) for a federal student loan to go into default. If your loan is through a private company, their rules may be different but 30 days past due is not going to put you in default. You can call your loan company, let them know what is going on and that you plan to pay in 3 weeks. That way, you'll feel better about the situation and the loan company knows what's going on. If you are on disability, you can also apply to have your loans deferred and then you possibly won't have to pay any payments until you head back to work.

Hope that helps!
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (1)

• ? answered 4 years ago
    y all student think about default first. plz dont do that for Future boys sake who need that to reed more.*************
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock