What office software is Japan using that's making Microsoft obsolete?

I was hearing about how American colleges and American offices are using Microsoft Office. I learned the Microsoft Office Suite in high school and in college.

I keep seeing that advertising about the Death of Microsoft and it states that 72% of Japan is already using the software that is going to replace Microsoft.

What software is that and why aren't American schools teaching it?

Favorite Answer
  • Sosumi

Huh? MS Office still dominates the office suite software in Japan. JustSystems offers a suite that is just behind Office in sales. In fact, they lost their market share to Microsoft in the first place in the mid 90s. So I think you misread. And how exactly is Microsoft losing market share in office software indicative of a downfall of the company? They still run on 95% of the world's consumer computers. Also, since when did the American school system mirror itself after the Japanese?

Source(s): I call bs on your made up article.