how to i qet a youtube video off youtube and on my powerpoint??
- Kevin SiegelLv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
There are two ways to do this. One requires the computer you are presenting on to have an internet connection and the other does not. Both methods are for PowerPoint 2007.
If you will be presenting on a computer WITH Internet, the following step by step tutorial with pictures will tell you how to easily insert YouTube videos without having to download anything:
The second option is for presenting from a computer withOUT internet:
1. Find the YouTube video you would like to insert into your PowerPoint presentation.
2. Copy the URL for the video.
3. Navigate to www.mediaconverter.org (there are other free media converters, but I've tried and had success with this one) and click Enter a link.
4. Paste in the URL for the YouTube video and click OK.
5. Click Go to the next step.
6. Select an output file type (choose either avi or wmv) and click OK.
7. Click Start to begin the conversion.
8. When finished, click Download and save the file to your desired location.
9. In PowerPoint, select the slide on which you would like to insert the video.
10. On the Insert tab choose Movie > Movie from File.
11. Navigate to where you have saved the downloaded video and click OK.
12. When asked how you would like the movie to start in PowerPoint, click When Clicked (unless you would like the video to begin playing automatically).
13. Move and resize the inserted video as desired.
14. When you view your slide show, click the video to play it.
Click the video again to pause or stop it.
If you would like the second set of instructions along with step-by-step screen shots, click here:
If you are using PowerPoint 2008 for the Mac, try these instructions instead:
- 1 decade ago
Method A:(Play the PowerPoint offline)
1.Download Youtube video with the free software Leawo Free Video Accelerator (http://www.leawo.com/video-accelerator/ )
2.Then convert the Youtube video to .AVI format with
Leawo Free FLV Converter (http://www.leawo.com/download/flv-converter/flvcon... )
3.Insert the avi video into PowerPoint
Step 1: On the Insert tab, point to Movies and Sounds, and then click Movie from File.
Step 2: Click the video you want to use and then click OK.
Step 3: After you click OK, you' are promoted with a message asking how you want the movie to start in the slide show. I recommend you choosing "Automatically "even if you want the movie to play when clicked. And that's done.
1. This is the easiest way to insert a video.
2. Only video in formats of AVI, MPEG and WMV can be inserted in this way
3. Always put the movie in the same folder as your PowerPoint presentation.If you later move the PowerPoint presentation to another computer, copy the movie too. Keeping your movie in the same folder as your presentation ensures the link will still work. However, you should always test the movie on a new machine just to be certain. Re-insert the movie, if necessary.
Method B:(Play the PowerPoint online)
You need four steps to make it:
Step 1: Get URL of the video
Step 2: Insert the ActiveX Control Shockwave Flash Object to your PowerPoint
Step 3: Add the the video link to your PowerPoint
Step 4: Fine tune the video in your PowerPoint file
More details about method B can be found at
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Just follow these steps, and you'll be able to show all your good videos on powerpoint presentation. Just 3 simple steps, and you can present your powerpoint with videos without online at all:
1- download the youtube video with "zillatube". Get the program from http://www.zillatube.com./ This program helps to download and convert those videos the fastest way possible for your powerpoint. It also has the powerpoint conversion option for you select.
2- using zillatube, convert it into powerpoint or wmv video format.
3- final step, a simple step, just insert movie file(using the file menu above the powerpoint program) the powerpoint or wmv video into power point.
(Note: make sure the powerpoint video is placed in the same folder with your powerpoint file, then you can bring the folder to any computer and view it)
all the best to your presentation.
You can download the program from http://www.zillatube.com/
- Anonymous1 decade ago
There are 2 ways to add a youtube video into PowerPoint, you can refer to this 2 tutorials to get more detials:
Method1. Embed a YouTube video into PowerPoint
Method 2: Play a YouTube video directly in a PowerPoint
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- EmmaLv 71 decade ago
To include a movie or video clip in a PowerPoint presentation, you simply click 'Insert', click on 'movies and sounds', then click 'movie from file'.
Keep in mind that PowerPoint only recognizes MP3, AVI and few other file formats so if you cannot add a video because it is FLV or some other unrecognized media type, then you simply download a video format converter, to convert the file to a recognized format.Source(s): http://www.powerpoint-resources.com/
- PaulaLv 61 decade ago
Here is an article about "YouTube and PowerPoint: Embed YouTube video into PowerPoint & Put PowerPoint presentation onto YouTube"
Hope it helps.
- Anonymous6 years ago
Click and hold on the video. It will say copy, then click on that. on the presentation, click and hold where you want to place it, but click paste., instead.