Can a landlord evict while home is in short sale process or foreclosure?

I am looking for someone that can answer whether or not a landlord can evict a tenant that is living in their home while the property is in foreclosure or short sale?
Update: The landlord does have an obligation to inform the tenant that he is in foreclosure and he needs to give you a written notice that he is selling the house so prospective buyers can enter the house. None of this was done, so I am going with invasion of privacy, and illegal eviction a it is a retaliatory eviction.... show more The landlord does have an obligation to inform the tenant that he is in foreclosure and he needs to give you a written notice that he is selling the house so prospective buyers can enter the house. None of this was done, so I am going with invasion of privacy, and illegal eviction a it is a retaliatory eviction. It came about because I parked my car in the driveway that fits six cars across. Guess my bmw made the old house look bad. Oh and the door handles were changed on my rooms so I now have no key to my room to keep it locked. Does tht change anyones mind here?!