Can anyone help me with physics?
1 - An electric vehicle starts from rest and accelerates at a rate of 2.0 m/s^2 in a straight line until it reaches a speed of 20 m/s. The vehicle then slows at a constant rate of 1.0 m/s^2 until it stops
- How much time elapses from start to stop?
- How far does the vehicle travel from start to stop?
2 - The brakes on your automobile are capable of slowing down your car at a rate of 5.0 m/s^2. - If you are going 144 km/h and suddenly see a state trooper, what is the minimum time in which you can get your car under the 90 km/h speed limit?
3 - A hot-air balloon is ascending at the rate of 12 m/s and is 69 m above the ground when a package is dropped over the side.
- How long does the package take to reach the ground?
- With what speed does it hit the ground?
4 - A hot rod can accelerate from 0 to 65 km/h in 5.3 s.
- What is its average acceleration, in m/s^2, during this time?
- How far will it travel during the 5.3 s, assuming its acceleration is constant?
- How much time would it require to go a distance of 0.33 km if its acceleration could be maintained at the value in (a)?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!