? asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

How would you address someone with a PFC ranking in the military?

You know how people call Sergeants "Sergeant" or Privates "Private" when directly addressing them? Is there a particular name you call a Private First Class (for that is rather wordy)?


I'd like to clear up that I'm not really going to be talking to real person, I'm just writing some dialog and I wasn't sure the proper way for this person to be addressed by others.

7 Answers

  • HDH
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    "Private Jones," "Private," or "PFC Jones" would all be pretty realistic options.

    Source(s): U.S. Army 2003-2009
  • 1 decade ago

    The proper way to address a Private First Class is "Private ___" or just "Private"

    Source(s): Soldier
  • 1 decade ago

    They're still a private, so you address them as a private.

  • 1 decade ago

    Private or P F C,

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • J
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    Say the initials, P F C followed by their last name.

  • rugga1
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    Having been in the Military , I would note that you first "address" them with respect, then ask politely how they wished to be recognized

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Well, I guess if your a (kid, teen, ect) call them sir or mam, if the same age or adult, call them Sargent, or Private.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.