? asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

How would you address someone with a PFC ranking in the military?

You know how people call Sergeants "Sergeant" or Privates "Private" when directly addressing them? Is there a particular name you call a Private First Class (for that is rather wordy)?

I'd like to clear up that I'm not really going to be talking to real person, I'm just writing some dialog and I wasn't sure the proper way for this person to be addressed by others.

• HDH
    Favorite Answer

"Private Jones," "Private," or "PFC Jones" would all be pretty realistic options.

Source(s): U.S. Army 2003-2009

The proper way to address a Private First Class is "Private ___" or just "Private"

Source(s): Soldier

They're still a private, so you address them as a private.

Private or P F C,

• J

Say the initials, P F C followed by their last name.

• rugga1

Having been in the Military , I would note that you first "address" them with respect, then ask politely how they wished to be recognized

Well, I guess if your a (kid, teen, ect) call them sir or mam, if the same age or adult, call them Sargent, or Private.