Do any other adoptees or birth mothers feel this way?

how come people always say that you shouldn't want to find your birth mother..because all she did was give birth to you? like that offends me a lot. my birth mother did more then just give birth to me, she took care of me before and after i was born. they say that the real parents are the people that took care... show more how come people always say that you shouldn't want to find your birth mother..because all she did was give birth to you? like that offends me a lot. my birth mother did more then just give birth to me, she took care of me before and after i was born. they say that the real parents are the people that took care of you all your life and raised you. i believe that's true, but with out my birth mother i wouldn't have a life. so why do people always say that stuff? and also why do birth mothers get such negative comments against them. like why are people always so mean to them when they find out they have a kid? and they gave the baby away? like i just don't understand any of this. can some one please explain this to me?
thanks.
14 answers 14