How can i start talking to this kid in class? (high school)?

Okay so im in this cooking class with this kinda cute guy. We sit at the same table, but he talks to these two popular kids alot. He seems pretty shy, and im also shy so im nervous to talk to him. He is a year older then me, and im pretty sure he plays on the baseball team. I dont want it to be really obvious that i think he is cute, but i want him to like me at the same time. Any ideas??

Favorite Answer

ask him to help you with a cooking assignment... or to taste whatever you made. Or you could say hey you're on the baseball team right? when does the season start this year? tell him you love baseball, ask what position he plays esp if he's talking about something he does conversation should flow then you could ask him to help you on what ever you're doing in class

To start out getting to know each other just join in the conversation that he is having with the other two popular kids. Maybe you could agree with what they are saying or share a story that is similar to one that they are telling. In the beginning of class when everyone is sitting down tell him hello or something. If you all have to partner up on anything ask him if he wants to be your partner. Since you all are in cooking class you could ask him for his help because you don't know how to do something or you want to make sure you've done it right. Doing little things like this will get him to notice you and he will begin to have more conversations with you because he will know you better. I hope I've helped, good luck sweetie (:

don't talk to only him at first, engage in the conversation he's having with the two other kids that sit at your table. be friendly and open and join into the convo, then when it's just you and him at the sink or stove or wherever you won't feel uncomfortable talking to him. or casually bring up something about how to do something or what the homework is, etc.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201009...

invent a silly reason to talk to him,guys love that