Science Fair Project (National), I wanted to win .. but?

so i entered this science fair in my school and won the physics category. now i am sent by my school to compete with other 40 schools in hope of becoming one of the people whos going to ISEF (International Science and Engineering Fair). The competition is on 3rd of October. Ive done the experiment before. All I... show more so i entered this science fair in my school and won the physics category. now i am sent by my school to compete with other 40 schools in hope of becoming one of the people whos going to ISEF (International Science and Engineering Fair). The competition is on 3rd of October. Ive done the experiment before. All I have to do now is the thesis. Most of my competitors made attachment with universities they want. In my case, my physics teacher said my experiment is simple and I dont need to go to these universities. I was shocked when I found out I won the science fair, considering I was doing it the last minute. My project wasnt that WOW-ish, which is "Hair as an effective oil spill absorbent". I was wondering, how can I ever compete with these people, and will I stand the chance to go to ISEF which is going to be held at Los Angeles? I've always wanted to go there. I live in Malaysia btw. I feel like my project isnt that great. But I wanted to win. I absolutely dont know what to do now. I havent done my thesis yet. HELP!
Update: i was wondering if anyone could ever gave me information about this project: hair as an effective oil spill absorbent. and what does it have to do with physics? do they have relations at all?
1 answer 1