?

Theists, What exactly do you mean by "the Lord works in mysterious ways"?

I was watching a program on what Christians claimed were miracles to certain almost impossibly resolved personal situations, were these theists claimed that there had been "divine intervention" which had proven to them, that God works in "mysterious ways."

I was rather impressed by some of these stories, but not being Christian nor theist, but Buddhist I am not completely understanding why "mysterious ways" were thought responsible for the "miracles" claimed had occurred.

Any explanations or examples to this from people who'd be serious answering to this???

Please, a question to be answered with seriousness and respect, ONLY.

Thank you.

I'm spiritual, as Buddhists would be. But we have no such terminology in our philosophy. Our practice is through meditation, realizing from the inside outwards. The Buddha is considered only a teacher.

But there was something so very moving about these people giving testimony about what through faith in the "Lord" had accomplished for them, that in some cases, I began to ponder were there was not just coincidences to what even to me, would seems miraculous

ANY PERSONAL STORIES FROM THEISTS WHO HAVE HAD ANY EXPERIENCES THEY'D SHARE AS TO WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE CLAIMED AS "MYSTERIOUS WAYS" OPERATING IN THEIR OWN LIVES?

EXAMPLES, I MEAN.

One day after this program and I can not help STILL feeling moved by some truly impressive experiences.

This is alien to me...but it has me truly interested.

IF YOU'D SHARE AN EXPERIENCE as to how these "mysterious ways" convinced you there was no coincidence, I'd TRULY APPRECIATE hearing from you. I'm trying to learn what I can't understand. Thank you.

Spooks, being a Buddhist & continuing on the path, hasn't made me hardened, rather, it has filled me with awe - a sense of almost reaching to understand what then I am back to square 1 - in a state of mentally feeling closed. Then I go back to meditation & a further reaching not to grasp but only touch once again occurs. This continues & continues but as it does, so do I become "enthused." I asked my teacher what enthused meant - & he said the word is from the Greek which means "Filled with God." I've been thrown into a state of feeling a grace since enthused became resonant with FILLED WITH GOD! Why? I've no idea. But I feel so often that there IS something out there we can not understand, & yet have glimpses of. I may be called any d@mned name in the proverbial "book" but between this program I mention which prompted this question, & what I've developed a feeling which is awe, wonder, amazement, I say, there's is something more that science & logic which exists! I can't deny this.

Dear Pearl, so good to "see" you again. I told you and my other 5 contacts I'd be back every once in a while to see how you were doing. You 6 people have made a very touching and way beyond the surface of having reached me deeply.

I don't know exactly why, but you simply have had. I am a creature of instinct. Things go to me like a lightening bolt. I know you, my 6 contacts have, so I obey what response that demands, commands as well - that I stay mindful of you.

Thank you for your answer but especially your presence, this morning! Fondly, Greci.

I'm thinking about your responses, people. Takes me time to think of what you've answered before I can feel I can feel fair to you. Please have the patience to bear with me???

# 13 - you've entered a response - but I can not not find it, nor who you are.

Would you reconsider showing up, again?

Thanks!

Will return! G.

Patience is a good thing, Johnny - even if all by itself.

• spooks
    Favorite Answer

Personally I think it is an over-used cliche, but I believe it is intended to mean that we simply do not have the level on transcendence required to comprehend Gods plan.

As a Buddhist I am sure that is a concept you can understand.

• Anon

The "mysterious ways" are simply not straight-forward. In other words, rather than have God cure someone of an illness, say kidney failure, a donor suddenly comes forward at the last minute and the person receives a new kidney and becomes fully healthy again.

Coincidence? Perhaps, but the faithful see the last-minute situation as miraculous.

Sometimes, a response to a situation actually isn't what the person wants, but when everything is said and done, they are further ahead. Again, the realization that even though they didn't get what they wanted, everything worked out for their greater good. That's another case of a "mysterious way."

In short, the concept is that God's ways are not man's ways.

The Parable of the Growing Seed He also said, “This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come.” In the Old Testament, God is unknown and unknowable. No-one has access to the mystery of God. Job 5:9 "He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Isaiah 40:28 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom." But knowledge is promised to come: Proverbs 30:4 "Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Whose hands have gathered up the wind? Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is the name of his son? Surely you know!" Jesus told his disciples that from now on, we can know God. No mysteries need be hidden for those who seek God. John 14:7 "If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” We cab know everything, and we are not blocked from having knowegde of anything. But the mystery is unending and there is still more to come.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I was rather...

Source(s): theists quot lord works mysterious ways quot: https://biturl.im/vZ1Cp

.

"the Lord works in mysterious ways" This phrase is only a comparison between the faith of a 'Theist' and the faith of a true "Believer".

Therefore, kindly try to understand the secret of the faith mentioned in the New Testament, which is NOT the faith of a 'Theist'!

.

It's the catch-all phrase theists use because they have no other explanation and refuse to say "I don't know." It's their way of mystifying ordinary occurrences to convince themselves there is a deity involved.

This is simple enough, when you cannot logically explain anything you just say something doubtful and equivocal in nature. I seriously think there can be no miracles which are merely fairy tales and invented stories. Well, just to prove my point, get anyone of the best religious masters to give you food from Heaven by praying to their gods, if you can get any food from above, then tell me I will pay a huge sum to him/her for that magic or whatever!

Source(s): By experience, all religious men always say this is divine intervention when they cannot get what they pray for. If a young man dies in accident they say the god wants him to serve in heaven. You can see this is clearly a way to evade....

You see? God does things that to you at that moment might see it as a little "unfair" or illogical. But as one grows older and finds that the thing God did a long time ago showed itself to be useful in the future is the "mystry" basically, the mystery is the fact that we dont know WHY God is doing whatever it is that He is doing to and for us RIGHT now.

god "works in mysterious ways" is what christians like to say cause there's no proof any of those "miracles" ever occurred. i'm being completely serious

Edit: yeah..and you learn nothing BUT patience ;) ^^^

• G

It means = WHAT HAPPENS , HAPPENS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHGAX8m21jw

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related GB