Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Can I get Big in three months taking whey protein?

17 years old, 180 lbs and I need to get big in about 2 to 3 months. Currently i have a program which i take, i used to do 5 days a week but now im only doing 4 days as recovery is important.

Monday: Chest, Abs

Tuesday:Triceps, Legs

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Shoulders, Abs

Friday:Biceps, Back

Weekend chill out

My workout exercise are fairly simple,

Chest: Bench press, Dumbbell flys & Lat pull downs (All 3x8)

Abs: Incline leg lifts, weighted sit ups, Captain's chair (All 3x8)

Triceps: Tricep extensions, Skull crushers, one armed tricep extension (All 3x8)

Shoulders: Dumbbel shrugs, Shoulder press, Lateral raises (All 3x8)

Back: Deadlifts, Lat pull downs (back), the low row ( forgot the name but u sit down and u pull) (All 3x8)

Biceps: Preacher curls, pullys ( u stand and u pull this handle while ur arm is 90 degrees and u pull inwards), Alternate dumbbel curls (All 3x8)

Favorite Answer

all of our bodies are different, but I will go ahead and say No, you will not get big with that routine and just taking whey. Even with a really good diet your routine is garbage. I'm not trying to bash you or anything I'm just telling it how it is. Big, for me is bulky with not much attention to definition. If its the same for you.I will try to guide you a bit. Getting big requires two things, will and food. Those two things will get you to where you want to be. Try doing a 5x5 or 4 x8 routine. 3x8 in my opinion is not enough stimulation for what you are after. My bulking routines are both 5x5 and 4x8. 6weeks, 6 weeks. chest, incline dumbbell/flat bench/ decline bench and a either dumbell flys or a cable flys. triceps.skull crushers/dips/reverse extensions and cable pushdowns. back/ rack pulls/ seated row with good concentration/ barbell rows or single arm rows.biceps. incline curls/hammer curls/ preacher curls and reverse grip curls.shoulders. military press/ lateral raise/ push press/ and rear delt machine if you have one at your gym. legs/ squats/ weighted lunges/hammy extensions and quad extensions. do core 3 to 5 times per week. most people do chest and tri's/ back and bi's shoulders and legs together. you be the judge of what you like. EAT EAT EAT! it takes a lot to grow. so eat i can't stress that enough. eggs. chicken, meat. FISH. greens.

Source(s): training for 4 yeears.
  • Jane

To answer the question: Yes it is safe for you to consume. You probably eat it everyday and don't realize it. Whey is found in a lot of everyday kitchen items like cheeses and pasta. However, because your body is currently in a process of change this isn't the proper time to attempt to alter it yourself. Easiest way to explain it is that from the day you where born your body had a built in road map that it will follow regardless of what you do. Once the body has arrived at it's destination then you may deviate from the plan. But, right now your too young to drive so enjoy the ride. So, your old enough to get a permit is when you should see a nutritionist that could give you a helpful meal plan that will not only keep you healthy but also get you where you want to be.

Eat about 4 packages of those cream filled wafer cookies per day. You will get really big.

Depends what big is. But I'd say you'd need longer

Source(s): Everywhere