How can I remove the Google Redirect virus?

Hello everyone, I was recently infected (recently as in yesterday) with a malicious virus that (after extensive research) I now know is called the 'Google Redirect' virus. It constantly redirects Google search websites to different ones that are probably infested with malware. I first downloaded... show more Hello everyone,

I was recently infected (recently as in yesterday) with a malicious virus that (after extensive research) I now know is called the 'Google Redirect' virus. It constantly redirects Google search websites to different ones that are probably infested with malware. I first downloaded Kaspersky Lab's TDSSKiller, which I hoped would solve the problem. I ran it, and it detected the problem. I rebooted my computer, but unfortunately, it didn't work. I ran it again and it detected no problems, but the virus was still there. Now I've downloaded Windows Security Essentials, and am currently running a Full Scan. I am crossing my fingers and HOPING that this will work. However, if the virus is not removed through that, then I'd need an alternative program. Can anyone who has had experience dealing with this rogue virus help me? I've heard that Hitman Pro and ComboFix have worked for others. Are those programs any good?

P.S. I wanted to do a system restore, but of course it was turned off. I really need this thing off of my computer as soon as possible...