First thing, if it is pretty new it may still be under warranty. Pacifica wheels have a two year warranty on motor and electronic components these days. Check and call the supplier to have it taken care of.
If it isn't under warranty anymore, check the following to start:
1. You said the light is on, check to see if the pedal is plugged in.
2. Check all the plugs and wires and the outlet you are using.
3. On some wheels there is a toggle switch that will reverse the wheel direction, I don't know if this is true for yours, but check and make sure to try it in different positions.
4. You mentioned reset, so I assume there are no fuses. Try the push button again. If it still doesn't go back to the original position, that sounds bad.
5. There are belts that may be the problem.
6. One source said "The modular construction allows for easy replacement of a part - whether it be the motor, a belt, or the electrical control box." So these could be possibilities.
If you still don't know, call your local ceramic supplier or where you bought it to find a good serviceman for wheel repair. Good luck.
· 9 years ago