How do I restore pictures after reformatting my laptop?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
So I had a whole bunch of pictures on my laptop that i would (hopefully!) like to get back. those pictures where from 2008. However, in the last two years, my laptop has been ...show more
Best Answer
Its really very hard to recover pics deleted two years back as u hav said u hav reformatted laptop two times. If d pictures are on drive other dan C drive u may hav some chances to recover them but if dey are on C drive u hav very little chances as OS is loaded 2 times so data is overwritten twice.
U can only give a try. data recovery software are meant for dis purpose dey can recover data even after formatting d drive, i hav used one such good software bt ma case was different ma drive was formatted only one time, u can also download d software frm
http://www.windowsdiskrecovery.net/
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (9)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Arie answered 4 years ago
    Sorry, they are lost. When you format your hard drive (not reformat, which would imply that you format your hard drive... and then format it again) all data is marked as being erased and will be overwritten when required. In two years time all sectors of your hard drive will have been overwritten several times, meaning that recovery is no longer possible. If it would have been a hard drive which you formatted yesterday and which you would not have used in any way, your data would still be there to recover, but having formatted it twice, having used it for two years, there is unfortunately nothing to recover any more, sorry.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Tom answered 4 years ago
    It is too late for that :(

You should have saved them on a USB device before you reformatted your PC
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Alan answered 4 years ago
    You can often successfully recover deleted files from a PC, phone or camera memory card or USB Memory stick, it just depends on what’s happened since the files were deleted.

When you delete files the data itself isn’t deleted, just the index entry that says where the data for those files is located. The space containing the deleted files is also now marked as free space so it is available to the system for any new files to be written there instead.

If and when that happens, then it becomes too late to recover your deleted files so it is very, very important to not save any new files or data to the device concerned.

If the deleted files are on a memory card or USB memory stick, just don’t save any new files to it.

One of the easiest ways to see if you can recover deleted files is to try some file recovery software. Recommended asoftech recovery as it saved my life many times.
    http://www.asoftech.com/apr/
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Katherine answered 4 years ago
    Step-to-step Tutorial for Recovering Digital Photos due to Formatting. I hope this article can help you.

Source(s):

http://www.photorecoveryguide.com/wondershare-photo-recovery/recover-photos-due-to-formatting.php
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Kachan64 answered 4 years ago
    from what i know, is bit too late to restore your pics.
    before reformatting you should consider the following:
    is it going to be gone for ever?
    do i need to have a extra copy of some sort?
    that helps alot.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Horse answered 4 years ago
    There are some software options that you can try. Go to cnet or zdnet and search for data recovery software.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Bandhu hobe ki answered 4 years ago
    As far we know data can be recovered after just one format. but after twice don know.

And heres a good one for this. click bellow>

http://www.datarecoverysoftware.org/

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • MICHAEL P answered 4 years ago
    There are specialist firms who can offer this service but you can also buy software that will recover for you. However, in my experience, being written over twice normally corrupts them beyond useful recovery. I have learnt this lesson only too well ( lost so many treasured pics ) and now I have two external hard drives to back up to so nothing that I wish to keep will ever get lost.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Xypher X answered 4 years ago
    the only possibility to recover them i for a data recovery service. you can contact them and tell them what you did and they can give you and estimate. there is no guarantee that you will get the data back.....
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock