Home schoolers: What home school program do you use?

I use Keystone National High School and I absolutely love it!

• anon
    Favorite Answer

k12 as independents, supplemented with other activities and resources. We don't use it for science at all and supplement with literature and other sources for history. We don't do every lesson. I choose how to use it. A curriculum might not know my children as well as I do, but I know my children better than anyone else and that's why I chose it. We like to have a clear scope and sequence from which to build on. If YOU love Keystone, that's all that matters, not other homeschoolers' opinions that it is somehow not as good as their choices. :-)

I think your difficulty is that there usually isn't a separate botany class in high school, so there are no botany textbooks or programs. Botany is part of biology at the high school level. You might be able to find some college-level botany texts, though, if you want to focus just on botany. Other than that, find a good biology textbook with lots of information on botany.

• M

Sonlight and a bunch of extras thrown in. Im discovering that lap books are a great thing for young kids! I guess the sonlight makes me a rigid home schooler (its my first year-thats my excuse!). Yet I love finding other things to add to it from the library and online, ect. So I guess im slightly eclectic. My son just seems to love learning, and hates when I stop early :-P

We use Sonlight, math u see, apologia science and rosetta stone. We have been using these for about 4 years and LOVE them. We have tried a few others for a while but the kids hated them so we would go back.

• Bee

Cool! I used to use keystone national high school for 9th and 10th, then i switched to pacyber for 11th and 12th. I liked both of them, though pacyber was better for me and I miss it a lot more now that I'm in college.

I live in New Zealand and yes I used to be home schooled. My mum had to have permission from the government to teach me. I got homework given by the ministry of education I think. I'm not too sure it was 8 years ago when I did home school.

I don't use a 'program'. We homeschool (in part) because of the freedom it allows us to find materials that suit our children best. Signing on to let someone else pick out all my child's materials for me from far away would be a huge step backwards. Keystone, k12, and even the 'boxed set' book based programs don't know my child... I do. We aren't interested in their 'programs'.

Well said ketchupklf. One of th many benefits to homeschooling it the ability to customize the curricula to fit the needs and interest of the student.

We do not use a "program", either. We are eclectic homeschoolers.

Source(s): Common sense and research Personal experience and opinion Mom of FOUR!