Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What do you think the liberals who live in the DC, NY, Virginia area are saying about taxes on $200K and more?

I think they are saying things like "He really doesn't mean US does he???"

What do you think?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • bob
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think John Kerry expressed the view that many of them will have when he stated, without reservation, that eliminating the Bush tax cuts would raise his taxes, but he didn't care or a Hollywood star a talked to a couple of years ago that told me that raising his taxes wouldn't change his life at all. I think the difference between Democrats and Republicans is that Republicans must have flunked out of kindergarten when they would have learned to be nice, share and play fair.

• 1 decade ago

They are extremely happy to take the money you have earned. I especially like the fact that if you have scrimped and saved your entire life and it came to $200,000.00, then your family would have to give 55% of that to the government in capital gains with their inheiritance upon your death.

This is the deal, a bad one at that! Democrats think if you have $200,000.00 you are rich!

MR

• Ryan
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Obama repeatedly campaigned on raising taxes for the highest bracket and he won a majority of votes from the $250k+ earners in the exit polls lol. Some people don't mind returning to a sensible economic plan that's good for the country.

• MINDY
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

As a woman who has lived in Northern VA many decades , I say right on Obama !

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most people who make over $250k are Democrats we don't mind paying our fair share of the tax burden.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

My daughter is one of those folks, and she's all for it! I'm one of those folks, and I'm all for it. It's gonna happen. Deal with it.

• 1 decade ago

"We're dems we don't have to pay them."

Source(s): 0bama administration.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.