How to speak pig latin?

would someone be good enough to explain exactly how to speak/understand pig latin. From what I've heard, I just don't get it.

• DeeJay
    Favorite Answer

emgee - got it right = ot-gay - it - ight-ray.

I don't know if/how to use (it).

Anks-thay or-fay a ood-gay estion-quay.

Thanks for a good question.

Practice - actice-pra.

Ee Day --Ee Jay

DeeJay. I may not be "exactly" right - I haven't talked it for 50 years or more.

• Kate

First of all, pigs are not rodents. Secondly, pig latin has absolutly nothing to do with talking to pigs. Third, what the phrase "ouyay areyay upidstay" means is "you are stupid". Pig latin is where you take the first letter of the word and move it to the end of the word and ad the -ay suffix. So the words pig latin in pig latin would be "igpay atinlay" for example. Does that make sense?

• CurlyQ

Move the first letter to the back and add "ay" to it. Except when the first two letter are double consonants, then move the first 2 letter to the back and add "ay". Words that begin with a vowel just ad "ay" at the end. It was fun then and still is.

Source(s): Ixty-say ears-yay of-ay eaking-spay ig-pay atin-ay. Much easier to speak than to write!

It goes like this:

Move the _first_ letter of the word to be the last, plus the suffix "ay."

For example: Do would be ood-ay; cat would be at-cay, dog would be og-day.

Look would be ook-lay; car would be ar-cay, baby would be aby-bay.

Hope you have some fun with it!

This is a great favorite with junior high school girls. We loved it because the boys couldn't figure it out, and we could talk about them right in front of them! Giggle, giggle, giggle.

Hm..if you are a guy, that might be why you are not 'getting it." Hope this little lesson helps.

Pig Latin: drop the first sound of every word, move it to the end of the word, and tack on "-ay."

Example:

ig-pay atin-lay: op-dry e-they irst-fay ound-say of-ay every ord-way, ove-may it-ay o-tay e-the end-ay of-ay every-ay ord-way, and-ay ack-tay on-a "-ay."

It works better w/ consonants than vowels.

do pigs speak Latin?

I am dyslectic so it is hard for me. I am too slow in interpreting.

Pick a word or words you want to translate, for example "stormy day."

Move the consonants to the end of each word. The consonants "st" at the beginning of "stormy" now goes to the end of the word--"ormy-st." The consonant "d" moves to the end of "day"--"ay-d."

Now add "ay" to the consonants you moved to the end of each word. "Ormy-st" becomes "ormy-stay." "Ay-d" is now "ay-day." The words are now in Pig Latin.

If the word begins with a vowel, just add "-hay" to the end. For example, "is" becomes "is-hay."

• jackie

Take the first letter of a word eg. take and put it at the end and add ay. -aketay

put- utpay

but- utbay

past- astpay

Ow-hay o-tay peak-say ig-pay atin-lay?