Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 decade ago

Does it bother Protestant or Catholic conservatives that Mormons like Romney and Beck are leading the GOP?

Favorite Answer

it mattes not, ideas are what reps want, not a skin color quota or a religious percentage. and pray tell, when did beck become a GOP leader? i thought he was a libertarian.

Considering that the co-creator of Star Wars and the producer of the first sequel to Star Wars is a Mormon, and that in addition another Mormon Started Pixar and runs all of Disney Animation and that most conservative Protestants or Catholics have seen Star Wars or movies made by Pixar like Toy Story, I don't see why it should bother Protestants or Catholics.

Truth be told you and me are living in a Mormon world whether we acknowledge it or not.

The T.V. screen that you see what you typed was invented by a Mormon (Philo Farnsworth). The stereophonic music system that you listen to while you type, was invented by a Mormon. The word processing that you typed into the computer was originally invented by Mormons.

Hearing Aids, Prosthetic Devices, Surgical Medical Equipment have all been substantially improved by obscure Mormons. Jarvik of the Jarvik Heart fame is well known, and that is just one of many examples in that field of research and devolopment. Not surprisingly the Producer of the T.V. series Battle Star Galactica is a Mormon, and he also produced the Six Million Dollar Man.

I don't think a Protestant or Catholic would refuse a prosthetic leg or arm, just because so much of the R & D might have been done by Mormons.

Mr. Beck is a Libertarian not a Republican to start with. As to former governor Mitt Romney I see him in the next presidents cabinet and not the Republican president.

An Independents view.

• Coasty

I don't give a Hoot where a man worships as long as he does not try to force me to change my beliefs. Then he is walking on thin ice. As for a mans political beliefs I respect those who will do more than run off at the mouth. What office have you ran for? Do you have a talk show that helps mold public opinion? What have you done for any party?

Not at all. Why does that matter?

Plus neither of those guys are leading the GOP lol.

Beck isn't even a Republican

• da d

I don't know if it does or not because I haven't been talking to many of them recently. If all else fails, a good protest vote will take care of the problem.

Nope especially since Beck is not a Republican.

• ?

No. Someones religious affiliation has no bearing on the ability of a person. To even think so is discrimination

They are? Wow, news to me. I didn't even know that Beck was GOP.

I don't think they are/ nor will lead the conservative movement. If they did, yes it would bother me.