What is the best way to raise money for funding my Study Abroad program?

I am going to England in January to study abroad and need help funding my trip/plane ticket. I plan on writing letters to family/friends/companies telling them about the program I am going to be participating in and what types of things I will be doing at school overseas. The concept here is to write personalized... show more I am going to England in January to study abroad and need help funding my trip/plane ticket. I plan on writing letters to family/friends/companies telling them about the program I am going to be participating in and what types of things I will be doing at school overseas. The concept here is to write personalized letters to family and friends informing them of my trip and then asking if they would like to donate a certain amount of money towards funding it (such as $25, $50, etc. or however much they are willing to donate.)

BUT, I come from a small family with not many distant relatives or people who are likely to send money to help me. My question is:

What types of organizations are most likely to respond/help fund my study abroad trip?
In the letters I plan to offer a well-thought presentation with powerpoint slides to inform people about the study abroad experience, traveling, and pursuing a high education overseas upon my return.

Would churches, public/private highschools, travel agencies, local community colleges, or any other businesses be likely to donate any amount of money with the promise of a presentation or some sort of educational compensation upon my return or is this idea shitty?

***ANY OTHER FUNDRAISING IDEAS ARE WELCOME! THANKS***