traveling to austin texas this weekend... need help?

ive been to austin tx before but only to the capital and 6th street at night but i want to see more of austin so if you know of any good places to visit and also good resturants to eat at please help me out thanks alot. oh and its me my wife and daughter traveling

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Best Places To Eat: Opal Divines, The Hula Hut, Galaxy Cafe, Katz, Hudsons on the Bend, The Oasis, and Kerby Lane (All have amazing food and amazing servers) Oh, and if you'd like to have dinner and a movie at the same time, check out Alamo DraftHouse, AMAZING place.

Best Places To Visit: Austin Children Museum, Austin Museum of Art, LBJ Library and Museum, Blanton Museum of Art, Texas Natural Science Museum, Museum of the Weird, Zilker Botanical Garden, Austin Segway Tour, South Congress Avenue *shopping*, The Drag on Guadeloupe *shopping*, Elisabet Ney Museum, Blazer Laser Tag, Austin Chamber Museum, Zilker Playground, Women And Their Work Museum *great for daughters*

Hope you enjoy your time in Austin, and I hope I've helped =)

Source(s): 8 Year Resident of Austin, Tx
  • 4 years ago

There are some good museums, like the Texas State historic previous Museum, and Blanton Museum at UT. the two are super and interior of walking distance to a minimum of one yet another. LBJ Presidential library is likewise interior of attain. U additionally could bypass to the State Capitol, i think of it rather is the utmost interior the country, even larger than the Capitol in DC. Austin is mythical for its outdoors activities. besides the incontrovertible fact that it is so freaking warm real now. in any different case a walk at city lake trekking path at down city is a could. yet whilst u do not innovations some warmth, u could nonetheless do it, possibly interior the early morning. If u will not be able to bypass to bars/golf equipment, uncertain how u delight in song right here. nonetheless u might desire to bypass to 6th highway, 4th highway and pink river throughout the weekend night. despite in case you do not bypass into the bars, u can nonetheless get a feeling approximately why Austin is termed the capital of stay song. even with the incontrovertible fact that u might desire to maintain an eye fixed on activities at Auditorium shore, they on occasion have unfastened concert activities for each age. Oh, Stubb's at pink river is a huge song venue. they might enable underage human beings in, considering's a cafe besides. If u at the instant are not from Texas, u could attempt each and all of the BBQ right here, Ruddy's, County line, Salt lick. additionally Iguana Grill and Oasis interior the northwest Austin are super place too. They serve super Tex-Mex nutrition plus super view of the Lake Travis.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.