how many mbps do we need for a good high speed internet?

is 1 mbps enough? because verizon offer a really good price for that only 19.99 a month

Update:

is 3 mbps good to download and watch movies

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends entirely on what you call "good". If you are just browsing and listening to music, 1mbps is fine. If you want to watch videos online, you will need something a bit faster.

• Kyaun5 years agoReport

and remember "up to" and 1Mbps are different things. "up to 1Mbps" means you could get 0.10Mbps and that sucks.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

how many mbps do we need for a good high speed internet?

is 1 mbps enough? because verizon offer a really good price for that only 19.99 a month

Source(s): mbps good high speed internet: https://biturl.im/wv92f
  • 5 years ago

Comcast offers 50 Mbps but is it really necessary for basic internet use? At&t offers only 6Mbps

• Kyaun5 years agoReport

Now some might say watching full shows or movies on Netflix, Hulu, On Demand - video that is not basic that's something else. But really isn't that the direction and the main reason a lot people use the internet nowadays? Video and gaming are Are what a lot of people do.

• 9 years ago

Well if you need it only for surfing the net it is quite good ... but it is too slow to download movies , music etc. So if you want your internet connection to do everything fast then you shouldn't choose this one :P (by the way , here in Greece there is a net connection with 24Mb speed with the same money :D)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Well, 3mbps is kinda the normal thingy of everyone. Depends on what you need, for online gaming I would recommend more, I currently have 10,000+mbps (thanks to Google Fiber) but you don't need that much. (Downloads full bluray series in 8s)

• 9 years ago

1MBPS? WHAT?

I swear, America is ripping it's citizens off for internet nowadays, here in the UK you can get a 10mbps for 24.99, 20mbps for 34.99 and a 50mbps for 49.99

1mbps is around 100kbps which would be suitable for browsing the web, very slowly.

3mbps is around 300kbps which would be better for watching videos

Currently I have a 50mbps, which is 50,000 kbps which is more than enough to download or stream movies in HD

3mbps will cost you more, and it will take some time to download these movies.

• John4 years agoReport

It's amazing how someone in the UK gets U.S. dollar prices. Now, if he converts that to Sterling, his 49.99 amount would really be $73 in US money. In other words, he was paying $73 a month for 50mbps 5 years ago. I got 35 mbps 5 years ago for $40 a month. I now get 65 mbps for $55- a month.

• 4 years ago

4.5 mbps for HDX at VUDU. Not sure what you have you can test it at VUDU when watching trailers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.