Does deactivating a facebook account many times delete it permanently?

I deactivated and reactivated my FB acc many times.Now,I've deactivated it and when I try to log in, it says The email you entered does not belong to any account. You may try clearing your browser's cache and cookies by following these instructions.Whats wrong?

Favorite Answer

Go here: http://www.facebook.com/help/identify.php?show_for...

The form won't restore your account (or at least it didn't for mine, though it recognized things which made me feel better). BUT IT WILL SEND AN EMAIL TO FACEBOOK AND THEY'LL CONTACT YOU. So that's the first step, I think.

To add on: I did contact them this morning, haven't heard back. I found a form that has you enter a bunch of information to locate your account - you enter in the name of one of your friends, your current town, and the URL of your account (if you know it). I haven't heard back yet - I'll link it so everyone can email. Hopefully that'll make them realize it's a widespread problem. It once took me two months and 8 to hear back from them, so I think it's important everyone let them know.

____________________________

Same thing happened to me. I deactivated at 9:37 last night, and when I went to re-activate it three hours later I got the same error message. I filled out all the information in the request, but it sounds like there's a glitch on Facebook's end.

I do deactivate and reactivate once or twice a day - maybe they're trying to prevent people from doing that? Either way, this question is all over Yahoo Answers right now, so I'd bet it's a problem only Facebook can solve. And hopefully they'll do so quickly :-)

___________

Also, there's a thread on Facebook about people having the same problem.

http://www.facebook.com/INFdailyCeleb?ref=sgm#!/he...

But unlike ALL the other threads, this one doesn't have the option to answer. The last answer was posted an hour ago, and nothing since then. I hope that means they know about it and are fixing it, and not that they're trying to keep people from talking about the problem.

http://www.facebook.com/help/identify.php?show_for...

EVERYONE having this problem needs to go to this url and fill out the form. For some people it will reactivate your account right away. For others it'll send an email to Facebook, which will then send an automatic email to you. You'll then have to reply to the automatic email and explain the situation.

It's a pain, but everyone needs to do this so Facebook realizes what a widespread problem this is. Otherwise they may not fix it - if you search the phrase "The email you entered does not belong to any account" (the first line of the error), you'll find reports of it going back as far as March.

If it's been done more than 8 times for some people, you will have to re-make and account as it permanantly deactivated the account in some cases, but for an unknown reason sometimes facebook just doesn't work, you could try it with a different web browser - that worked for me (internet explorer, google chrome, etc) otherwise just try on a different day and you never know what it might say :)

Good luck :)

good question .... i deactivated mine 2 days ago and have been doing this whilst im away. Today it is saying the same as what you stated. My first guess is that they are doing something once again. Good luck.

It's very simple, just try typing your email and password many times until the pages link you to another that says "help me to find my account", you will have to put your facebook name and also put one of your friends, then you're gonna have to type your password again and it will work :)

Source(s): I tried to deactivate my other account and i reactivated it just by doing this :) it will work. trust me :)

It is doing the same thing to me.....I am assuming it is a bug. I have reported it as a bug because that is the only way to contact facebook.

It's a bug, I'm having the same thing

Thank you so much everyone!! Now I know that I am not alone...I just really hope that my account has not been permanently deleted!! :(

This is a great question, and one that has been confusing me for quite some time.

• Is happening the same thing to me. I'm in Italy!