? asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles · 1 decade ago

What would have happened to the guy that through his shoes at President Bush if he had done...?

...that in the U.S?

I wonder exactly what happened to Muntadhar al-Zeidi after the was dragged from the press conference room after he through his shoes at President Bush. I bet he got the crap knocked out of him. If that had happened in the United States, I wonder what charges he would face. Under Illinois law, it is at least an aggrevated assault or attempted aggrevated battery. I'll bet there are federal crimes for assaulting the President. Does anybody know?

Favorite Answer

Odds are very great that he would have been tackled before he threw the first shoe at the president. If they didn't stop him before he threw the first one, I am sure that before he had a chance to throw shoe #2, the president would have been hustled off the stage and the man would have been tackled and immobilized.

Very shortly afterwards he would have found himself charged with a violation of 18 USC 1751 (e), which reads:

(e) Whoever assaults any person designated in subsection (a)(1) shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both. Whoever assaults any person designated in subsection (a)(2) shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the assault involved the use of a dangerous weapon, or personal injury results, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/search/display.h...

My further guess is that the man was found sane enough to be tried, he would be convicted by a jury and given the maximum sentence. I cannot foresee any U.S. Attorney authorizing any sort of plea agreement for someone who assaulted (or tried to assault) the president.

The statute has some real sharp teeth to it. Take a look at these beauties.

g) The Attorney General of the United States, in his discretion is authorized to pay an amount not to exceed $100,000 for information and services concerning a violation of subsection (a)(1). Any officer or employee of the United States or of any State or local government who furnishes information or renders service in the performance of his official duties shall not be eligible for payment under this subsection.

That's a pretty hefty bounty.

(h) If Federal investigative or prosecutive jurisdiction is asserted for a violation of this section, such assertion shall suspend the exercise of jurisdiction by a State or local authority, under any applicable State or local law, until Federal action is terminated. Obviously, the Feds will want and get first crack at anyone going after the president. (i) Violations of this section shall be investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Assistance may be requested from any Federal, State, or local agency, including the Army, Navy, and Air Force, any statute, rule, or regulation to the contrary notwithstanding. No problems with posse comitatus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act here. The entire federal government will be able to throw its weight into capturing and prosecuting any assailant. (j) In a prosecution for an offense under this section the Government need not prove that the defendant knew that the victim of the offense was an official protected by this section. There goes the stupid defense. (k) There is extraterritorial jurisdiction over the conduct prohibited by this section. If the US is asserting extraterritorial jurisdiction, the Feds can go after anyone involved in any action against the president, no matter where they are. Truly, they can run, but they can't hide.

One of the truest matters I have ever learn approximately Bush it is unhappy the way in which that our nation has handled him for all he has performed certainly he did a well task sure I mentioned it HE DID A GOOD JOB if you do not love it pass f#$ok your self he saved us secure for eight years we have not been attacked when you consider that nine-eleven and the media has performed not anything however attempt to make him seem like an fool he have got to have epidermis as thick as metal to position up with the crap he has needed to take i'm hoping he can get out of workplace and reside a exceptional peaceable existence and now not need to submit with anymore scrutiny or ridicule from the idiots in the market

The same thing that happened to this guy who threw an egg at Aussie Prime Minister Julia Gillard.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/julia-gillard-bac...

I dont really want to sound like an a.ss but I will!

I'm guessing you mean "threw" and not "through".

I also suppose you mean "aggravated" and "aggrevated"!

And, finally, I think you meant to post this in an entirely different section, hence my unrelated response! :D

Source(s): Yes I'm an a.ss!!! And I love it! :)

Bush once said that he looked at Putin's eyes and said that he could see into the man's soul. (and that it was a good soul).

Here's an opportunity for Bush to say that he took a good look at the Iraqi Journalists sole....

• kumron

Oh, wait, that already happened.

they should have gave him a star

Thanks for the 2 points!