SD asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 10 years ago

Ideas for a short sci-fi story?

I have to write a short sci-fi story and I have about a million other things I need to do, so I haven't really been able to come up with any ideas, but I had these three main ones, which one do you like the best?

Also, feel free to suggest any other ideas.

Idea 1: A 13 year old kid is staying with his fun uncle for a week and it turns out he secretly works for a secret nasa base that are in charge of finding out what all these unidentified objects are that they've found from space, he meets a friend and they follow his uncle to work one day and find out what he does for a living. They take a space item and it gets stolen from them so they need to get it back otherwise the boy's uncle gets fired from his job.

Idea 2: There's a super smart person who was smart ever since he was born and works at some type of IT place and starts to get contacted by these things from another planet through his screen savers and it turns out they were aliens and had planted a nano-chip in his brain to make him smarter when he was born and they wanted to see how it had gotten and they plan on terminating it, which would kill him so he has to convince them not to.

Idea 3: Sort of like the second idea but instead it's an average guy who works at a computer place, fixing computers and he gets contacted by humans from the future through screen savers on a computer one night, they tell him things about the future and ask him to do things for them that could improve human life in the future, he dies and wakes up, in a coma in the future.

Favorite Answer

Hmm... I'm not very good at sci fi, but i've gotta say out of your i like idea 3 the best.

My suggestion would maybe be,,, uh idk,,,??

Two 13 year old best friends (girl/boy, girl/girl, or boy/boy) are exploring an old tip and they find this sewage pipe, that's really long and echoes from like two feet away. The are fascinated, so they grab a torch etc. and walk down there. Eventually they come out the other side (u can throw in challenges there, like maybe them seeing a hobo [ha ha lol] or rats or bats or something??) and they find that they are in an alternate universe... [like doctor who, i guess] maybe the universe could be life is like the 1500s again, u know, the fashion, values etc, but it turns out that the year is actually 2014 or something...??

sorry if it's a crap idea,,, i'm not the best at sci fi :/

answer mine??

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ApQjN...

Source(s): me ??

Two boys are gambling video video games this gap the bottom opens whilst lightning moves it this monster comes out he ask the 2 boys to co E via the complete into his international that's all scify n stuff n take it from there like upload directly to what he demands the men aid with :). Can do your complete venture wish it helped !!!