Well you said you're a girly girl so I have a couple of ideas for you that you can repeat.
a) Dress and a sweater: You can find a girly dress with ruffles, or a cute pattern, zippers, flowers, a bright color, anything you like and then add a neutral sweater to go over it. Pair it with colorful flats or heels that go with your dress.
b) A solid top (tank top, short-sleeved, and/or long-sleeved all work) that is form-fitting and a patterned skirt. You can wear it high-waisted or wear it on your hips with metallic sandals, flats, and/or heels. Note: You can find t-shirts that are more unique, like rouging on the sleeves or some beading on the neckline.
c) Jeans and a cool top. Look for sparkles, ribbons, flowers, ruffles, bright colors, lace and anything you're drawn to. Also look for fits, loose or tailored, long or short etc. If you want to add something more you can wear a colorful sweater or a boyfriend blazer over it. It will add a sense of maturity to your look but still keep it playful and trendy.
These are really classic looks that you can change up anyway you like.
By the way, when looking for things to try on keep in mind some of the new big trends:
- military styles (anything military green, or with bronze/silver metal buttons works)
- nautical (navy blue, anchors, stripes etc.)
- lace (try it in a full-lace top that you can wear a colored or a nude tank top underneath, or cute leggings!)
- leather (especially in shoes and jackets)
- camel (it's basically a shade of brown, like tan, and it works really well in over-sized sweaters)
I hope I could help, and have fun shopping! :)