What happened to Maria Sharapova?

She used to be such an consistent player in the slams, and now she just falls apart in them. I don't get it. And people thought she would win the USO this year. One can only dream, she can't even make it to a grand slam quarterfinal these days, let alone win one. I agree it was maybe due to an unfair draw... show more She used to be such an consistent player in the slams, and now she just falls apart in them. I don't get it. And people thought she would win the USO this year. One can only dream, she can't even make it to a grand slam quarterfinal these days, let alone win one. I agree it was maybe due to an unfair draw in Roland Garros facing Justine and in Wimbledon having to face Serena so far. But that wasn't the case for the US. She had an absolute cupcake draw to reach the finals, instead she double faulted 9 times, made a ton of unforced errors and literally handed Wozniacki the match. That is too bad because I really wanted to see her in the final with Kim Clijsters, that would have been just epic. So what are your thoughts on Maria Sharapova's awful time since coming back from shoulder injury (which shouldn't be a factor anymore, she's healthy or so she claims anyway). I mean, common, does it really take this long to find your rhythm?
5 answers 5