Which Band/Artist do think were the Founder of the "ROCK RAP" Sound Genre?

* "Anthrax with Public Enemy" on their Attack of the Killer B's mash up?

- "Faith No More" ?

- "Suicidal Tendencies" ?

- "Red Hot Chili Peppers" ?

- "Beastie Boys"

- OTHER(s) ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rap_rock

* Those are some of my examples you do not have to go by the examples I gave but you can use them?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ive always had Faith No More in my head.. but the Anthrax and Public Enemy collab was another good example, but Faith actually had their sound based on the rock/rap style. Beatie Boys came in later when they released Check Your Head. RHCP i dont even consider in the same league. And Suicidal Tendencies maybe came around at the same time, but Ive always thought of them in the as a band leaning more in the punk area.

• 5 years ago

The tree is right on the money. I've never been able to understand people who want to subcategorize and pigeonhole everything. Maybe it's a form of OCD, I'm not sure. Even though it's clear that metal is just another branch of the old R&R tree, I still say it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for metal to have it's own section on Answers. If only to give the whole "X is more brutal than Y and Z pees sitting down" crowd somewhere to wage their dull campaigns.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not mentioned in the article there but should be Bob Dylan and Kurtis Blow's Street Rock.

It most likley could be found on Youtube.

• 1 decade ago

as you said, the beastie boys, faith no more...and rage against the machine...rhcp pioneered the whole funk metal sound that heavily influenced bands like incubus that would come later

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • i think the beatie boys or rage against the machine

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

PEPPERS AND SUICIDAL FOR ME

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.