Use of freedom in The Killer Angels?

I'm writing an essay on the Killer Angels and I have to write about different examples of freedom in the book and one know any? please and thank you =)

Favorite Answer

Yes. There is the dialogue between Buster and Colonel Chamberlain in which the title of the book comes from. It is a discussion about freedom. To paraphrase, Buster describes the difference between him and the colonel and what freedoms they are fighting for. He describes Chamberlain as being an idealist. As for himself, Buster says he is fighting for the freedom to be judged as an individual man on his own merits and not on the strengths or weaknesses of his father/s.

On the other hand, there are the defenders of the freedoms that their fathers/grandfather's fought for. Those soldiers are pointed out to an english reporter, among them the relative of Patrick Henry, who said to King George, "give me liberty or give me death". That is another good discussion of freedom in the book.