Do you think it's possible that Buddha's teachings "travelled" and influenced Native American traditions?

Or was there no cultural exchange between East and West across the Pacific? Or do you think that anyway the oral traditions of native American spirituality and shamanism in general go back much further in history? I ask the question because I think there are similarities. And also because there are elements... show more Or was there no cultural exchange between East and West across the Pacific?

Or do you think that anyway the oral traditions of native American spirituality and shamanism in general go back much further in history?

I ask the question because I think there are similarities. And also because there are elements of the old religions of the East and ancient Egypt which may well have influenced the early Abrahamic faiths, and I wonder if the same is true of native America, or if it was truly spiritually independent, because of its separation, cut off from the rest of the world.