Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Malcolm X sounds like a bigoted, stupid and ignorant racist please read?

I have been listening to some speeches, now martin Luther king i cannot fault, he is a great man, not just for black people but for the whole world. but malcolm x in ballot or the bullet keeps calling Asians rice eaters and makes them out to be pretty backward which in itself is racist. this is not even accounting for the inaccuracies that he kept blurting out regarding the wars he kept listing. he just sounded like a hateful man, if you listen to what he says and how he says it he makes it sound not like he wanted equality but but black supremacy. now granted he was subject to racism himself but does that make further hatred right? shouldn't he have broken the chain, rather than preaching hate and segregation he should have preached unity and love as did luther king.

"i have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin but the content of their character"

fantastic line

Am i wrong about my opinion of him?

Favorite Answer

Malcolm X was a firebrand of that there's no doubt. However his views moderated over time as he evolved and towards the end of his life he said (in a conversation with Gordon Parks): "Remember the time that white college girl came into the restaurant, the one who wanted to help the [Black] Muslims and the whites get together and I told her there wasn't a ghost of a chance and she went away crying? Well, I've lived to regret that incident. In many parts of the African continent I saw white students helping black people. Something like this kills a lot of argument. I did many things as a [Black] Muslim that I'm sorry for now. I was a zombie then, like all [Black] Muslims, I was hypnotized, pointed in a certain direction and told to march. Well, I guess a man's entitled to make a fool of himself if he's ready to pay the cost. It cost me 12 years. That was a bad scene, brother. The sickness and madness of those days. I'm glad to be free of them".

No, you are not wrong. It's easier to spread separation and hate than it is to walk the straight line of integrity. What's really sad is that you see a rising in this hate and separation building up again today. It's always easy to blame another race, religion or person for your percieved wrongs done to you, than it is to take your own actions into account. Remember Malcolm would have been just another human filled with hate if not for getting a following of other people willing to hate with him.

• fortes

Why is it ok for Jeremiah Wright and Al Sharpton to be racist and regarded good adult adult males, on a similar time as every person who's white and proud a racist? to respond to your question and mine, there's a double familiar in the country, consistently has been consistently would be.

I think he wanted to force Americas hand too fast . Things weren't happening fast enough so he tried to rile everybody up with some of the things he was saying. We will never know completely where his brand of civil rights might have taken us. So we can only speculate. He did sound like an awfully angry man.