Who's Money Do Liberals Donate To Help The Poor?

I believe that liberals are far more generous with other people's money than their own, no liberal can refute that they are far weaker in the charitable donations department and certainly can't back up any claim to the contrary with a reliable link proving otherwise. Do conservatives or liberals dig deeper in their OWN pockets to help the poor and who's money do liberals like to be charitable with?

Best Answer

According to Arthur C. Brooks, a professor at Syracuse University, who published "Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism."

-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).

-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

-- Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush.

-- Bush carried 24 of the 25 states where charitable giving was above average.

-- In the 10 reddest states, in which Bush got more than 60 percent majorities, the average percentage of personal income donated to charity was 3.5. Residents of the bluest states, which gave Bush less than 40 percent, donated just 1.9 percent.

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.

Wealthy liberals vote to increase their own taxes, ie the Kennedys. Charitable donations are tax deductions, Republican like tax deductions. They vote for so many that rich people seldom pay taxes. I am a liberal, and when I worked and made a fairly good salary I had no objection to paying taxes for social programs. I did always object to paying taxes for the wars though. Wars are just another way that the rich get richer, that is why we fight them. I am retired now by the way, and still pay taxes.

Well let's see here. Oprah Winfrey and Bill Gates seem to do the most for charity of anyone in the world and both are liberal.

I don't know what other people do but I am liberal and quite charitable with my own money.

I have a feeling that I am more likely to help someone than you are.

Charity is just privatized welfare where some get it but most don't.

Would you rather 100 thousand people be taxed 1 dollar to a cause or one person in 100 thousand donate 10,000 dollars?

I'd consider the 9,999 like a substantial tax savings if I were that donor.

I swear, republicans can't do any math. Why do they humiliate and embarrass themselves so much?

Conservatives provide greater? specific. determining to purchase in Gucci. Who instructed you that lie? Homer Simpson? Balony! Republican conservatives are the stingiest human beings on planet Earth and previous! You lie? HA HA!

Other people. It's called "stealing". It is considered a sin in the bible. And, there are laws against it in the United States, as well. However, liberals worship Karl Marx.

• jehen

Welfare: 80% of welfare dollars goes to children. Of the 20% of adults that gert is nearly all of them are caregivers to children receiving the aid.

Unemployment: Everyone living pay check to paycheck is only 1 pay check away from poverty

Food stamps - Nearly all people receiving food stamps either can't work (children, the elderly, the disabled - or are unemployed. Being unemployed can't be both their fault and Obama's fault.

Medicaid: 80% of medicaid dollars goes to support long term nursing care for destitute seniors.

So your argument is that we have no obligation to provide these basic human services and to do so is stealing? Well then move to Somalia of Haiti if your pennies are more dear to you than feeding children or caring for the sick.

• Conservatives donate more, those that make less, bad liberals. The rich are really tight, though - so tax them big time.

liberals want to donate tax payer money to help the poor and they believe it's their decision who qualifies as poor and how much they get

Gov-mint cheese