Can you solve this complicated math puzzle?
Given below are four facts about four men, their professions and where they live:
1. Anthony is younger than the doctor, who lives directly east of James..
2. Richard is older than Stuart, who lives exactly 3 km from James, who lives directly north of Williams.
3. The plumber is older than Rowan and Russell is older than the accountant.
4. The doctor lives directly south of John, who lives exactly 5 km from Richard, who lives exactly 2 km from the soldier.
Work out the first names, surnames, professions of the men, and where they live in relation to each other. Good luck!
- sepiaLv 710 years agoFavorite Answer
The puzzle is to work out the i) first names, ii) surnames, iii) professions of the men, iv) their ages and v) where they live in relation to each other.
Anthony, James, John, Richard, Rowan, Russell, Stuart and Williams are the four names and the four surnames. Matching needs to be done. Anthony Russell, James Stuart, John Richard and Rowan Williams is the correct matching.
Professions of the men are doctor, soldier, plumber and accountant.
John Richard, Plumber
Acc. Anthony Russell
Dr. James Stuart
Officer Rowan Williams
Anthony Russell, Accountant, lives exactly two km directly north of Dr. James Stuart, who lives exactly three km directly east of Officer Rowan Williams, who lives exactly two km north of John Richard, Plumber. This leaves exactly five km between Mr. John and Mr. Williams.
- Anthony Russell is younger than James Stuart.
- John Richard is older than James Stuart
- John Richard is older than Rowan Williams
- Rowan Williams is older than Anthony Russell
Age in order (oldest to youngest):
James Stuart lives east of John Richard, John Richard lives north of Dr. James Stuart, and John Richard lives south of James Stuart.
- RajendiranLv 610 years ago
1. The doctor lives directly east of James..
2. Stuart lives exactly 3 km from James,
3. James lives directly north of Williams.
4. The doctor lives directly south of John,
5. John lives exactly 5 km from Richard,
6. Richard lives exactly 2 km from the soldier.
1. Anthony is younger than the doctor,
2. Richard is older than Stuart,
3. The plumber is older than Rowan
4. Russell is older than the accountant.
- lovvornLv 43 years ago
if the assertion is approximately 2 matters you place the huge sort the place they intersect in the circles if the assertion is approximately one subject place the huge sort exterior the circle, then subtract the intersecting areas of the circle. upload each and all of the numbers in the circle up and subtract it from 2 hundred