Flash player installation for firefox help?

I first went to adobe's website to install flash player but instead it installs adobe download manager (DLM) which really seems to be useless. I've tried going back to youtube to see if I can actually watch a video but it says i need flash player also. They all end up taking me to here:... show more I first went to adobe's website to install flash player but instead it installs adobe download manager (DLM) which really seems to be useless. I've tried going back to youtube to see if I can actually watch a video but it says i need flash player also. They all end up taking me to here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ but then it won't install automatically and it says there are missing plugins, but then fails to find any for me. An important thing to note is I already had flash player installed before this mess. Youtube I think was just trying to get me to update flash player but now I've uninstalled the original flash player and have tried to reinstall it since then. Adobe download manager is the only thing that I've been able to reinstall so far. What is going on? Since when is flash player this hard to install? Are there any suggestions on what to do? Thanks.
1 answer 1