I use over the counter Viroxyn for my fever blister (cold sore)..affects is this normal!!?

i use it last night because i ended up getting a fever blister.. i felt like i had a fever a few days ago. && well then yesterday morning it came out on my upper left side, i placed a cold pad on it, but it didn't work. So i went to Walgreen's last night and got over the counter Fast Relief Cold Sore... show more i use it last night because i ended up getting a fever blister.. i felt like i had a fever a few days ago. && well then yesterday morning it came out on my upper left side, i placed a cold pad on it, but it didn't work. So i went to Walgreen's last night and got over the counter Fast Relief Cold Sore Treatment, which indicates it's also good for fever blisters, (Viroxyn). and it sting so much, it got swollen real fast. So i woke up this morning, and my upper left lip is super swollen, i have a fat lip!. Is this normal. It came with 2 single doses ONE DAY treatment. My real question is.. is the swelling normal? and when will this go away, & if i got the right treatment for it? Super thanks!
Update: my sister's boyfriend suggested it might be a kissing bug bite? if so do i need to go see a docter??