sore throat with white dot type things..?

ive had a sore throat for a few days now....i looked back there today and i noticed some white dot type things at the back of my mouth...I dont have my tonsils or adnoids anymore....i dont feel sick or tired or loss of appetite or anything...it just hurts when i swallow...what should i do?

• BN
    Favorite Answer

Strep throat. You can still get infection even after tonsils and adenoids come out.

My daught and son had theirs removed and they still get strep and other infection. Makes me wonder why they were taken out to begin with lol.

Is your tongue white at all? You say that your throat is sore. I have thrush currently and I had/have a sore throat from that too....it can produce some white spots in your cheeks, lips, tongue and throat. I would look into it....I could be (and probably am) way off but it's worth reading about. If that's what you think it is, go to your doc, he/she can rx you several prescriptions to get rid of that nasty stuff.... Good luck to you!

Barb

it can either be strep or thrush. i suffer with oral thrush from time to time and it generally starts out as a sore throat. you may want to see your doc.