promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is the differance between j-lap and flush mount windows?

If you could tell me the applications for the two it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks : )

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Both window types are equipped with a solid flange that extends out of the sides, bottom and top. The flange is used to hold the window in place, and to allow easier water-proofing. The j-lap is designed such that the window is set out about 3/4" from the flange, for installations using 3/4" trim around the window. This is typical, you can order custom depths from some manufacturers.

Flush mount is just that, the flange is flush with the outside of the window. Often used in mobile homes or sheds, sometimes as storm windows or for installations with thin siding that will cover the flange, but leave the edge of the siding exposed. Some people think it looks nice. If you trim it, the window will appear recessed, also a design decision.

Source(s): I love windows
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Flush Mount Windows

• 10 years ago

J-lap trim is used to trim around the windows when the windows are recessed in. (think of a shadow box). The amount of recession doesn't matter as the trim is cut to fit the situation on-site. Flush mounted windows are just that. They are not recessed in but are flush with the siding. I prefer the windows that are recessed in as they look better. Hope this helps.

Source(s): Master Handyman
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the differance between j-lap and flush mount windows?

If you could tell me the applications for the two it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks : )

Source(s): differance lap flush mount windows: https://biturl.im/WAHyQ
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avZel

Just 2 words to refer to the same thing. There's also a Netbook (not note, net) that is a very small computer (typically a 10 inch or less screen that costs < $500). but, notebook & laptop are interchangeable terms.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.