Carlie asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

Who were the justices and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court during Roe vs. Wade?

Could you also give me a link (other than wikipedia) of the answer? Thanks :)

by the way this is not my direct homework it's for a project and I can't find the names of the the Supreme court Justices and Chief Justice during this case so it would help if you gave me a link or helped me find one.

Favorite Answer

Who voted for and against the Roe v. Wade decision:

The majority: Harry Blackmun, William J. Brennan, Chief Justice Warren Burger, William O. Douglas, Thurgood Marshall, Lewis Powell and Potter Stewart. The dissent: William Rehnquist and Byron White. The majority opinion was written by Harry Blackmun. Concurring opinions were written by Potter Stewart, Warren Burger, and William O. Douglas. Dissenting opinions were written by William Rehnquist and Byron White.

I put the words "US Supreme court Roe v Wade," into the Search box at the top of this page and got tons of links, including this one:

http://womenshistory.about.com/od/abortionuslegal/...

Harry Blackmun, William O. Douglas, Thurgood Marshall, Lewis Powell and Potter Stewart voted for it along with William Brennan and Warren Burger. William Rehnquist and Bryon White voted against it. This changed dynamics of the court.