Questions about building carport?

I am planning to build a carport for my yard and I have few questions.. First question I have.. How wide can I make it? (if using 2 series of beams, 1 on left and 1 on right edge)? The reason I am asking this... I am plan to place it near my house. One end of carport can be attached to the roof of the house... show more I am planning to build a carport for my yard and I have few questions..

First question I have.. How wide can I make it? (if using 2 series of beams, 1 on left and 1 on right edge)?
The reason I am asking this... I am plan to place it near my house. One end of carport can be attached to the roof of the house (the top beam before the roof) and other end (other series of beams) I plan to place on other end. But... from the end of the house to about 18 foot from it, it is covered with concrete. Can I make this opening 18 foot apart? Or would I need to attach those beams on the end into concrete?

Another question: Ways to attach the beam..
I know I can dig a hole, and install beam with concrete there.

But.. what if I will need to do it on concrete? Making a hole though it probably would be a lot of work, plus i am not sure what I can use for this?
I know I can use those metal brackets things.. but this brings to the third problem...

About level: That concrete surface is not exactly leveled there... So if I will use those metal brackets.. how can I make beam stand up straight? How can I solve this?
1 answer 1