Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

MarkSouthFL asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Who was Steve Cohen at Wrigley Field?

I just returned home after a week in Chicago, where I went to two Cubs games. In last row of the bleachers in left center field, there is a small plaque that reads as follows:

Steve Cohen

Eternal Bleacher Bum

With Much Love, Kim, Josh & Greg

August 18, 2010

Anyone know who Steve Cohen was, and how the Cubs came to memorialize him in the bleachers?

And yes, I had a great time making my first visits to Wrigley...

Update:

I went to two games -- first one I sat in the bleachers, and since it's general admission I was able to move around and get the view from every angle. Second game I was in the lower level just to the left of home plate. But I didn't know you could get a certificate. :-(

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Steve Cohen was a die hard Cub fan that sat in that area for years

i forget the whole story

but he was special and loved by many Kim i believe was his wife Josh and Greg was his sons

i hope you went behind home plate(concourse) and got a certificate that says your first visit to Wrigley..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.