MarkSouthFL asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Who was Steve Cohen at Wrigley Field?

I just returned home after a week in Chicago, where I went to two Cubs games. In last row of the bleachers in left center field, there is a small plaque that reads as follows:

Steve Cohen

Eternal Bleacher Bum

With Much Love, Kim, Josh & Greg

August 18, 2010

Anyone know who Steve Cohen was, and how the Cubs came to memorialize him in the bleachers?

And yes, I had a great time making my first visits to Wrigley...

I went to two games -- first one I sat in the bleachers, and since it's general admission I was able to move around and get the view from every angle. Second game I was in the lower level just to the left of home plate. But I didn't know you could get a certificate. :-(

Favorite Answer

Steve Cohen was a die hard Cub fan that sat in that area for years

i forget the whole story

but he was special and loved by many Kim i believe was his wife Josh and Greg was his sons

i hope you went behind home plate(concourse) and got a certificate that says your first visit to Wrigley..