Would Liberals Support President Obama Canceling Elections Under An "Emergency"?

Since nothing is preventing President Obama from declaring some sort of emergency and canceling mid-term elections, would liberals support President Obama making the decision to cancel elections?

Don't tell me that can't happen, because it can. Just tell me if you would continue to support him if he canceled elections?

So, Colleen, you have complete trust that the National Emergencies Act of 1976 is airtight, huh? You believe everything Constitutional that FDR took away on March 9th, 1933 was fully restored in 1976?

• ?
    Best Answer

Yes. Liberals blindly support Obama no matter what he does.

No, he cannot just declare 'some sort of emergency' and cancel elections. There are statutes that stipulate what an emergency must consist of and the procedures that a President must follow prior to declaring any emergency. Vague allegations such as yours are just uninformed rants.

Edit: The National Emergency Act provides the statutory framework. Also, interesting that you neglect to mention President Bush's National Security and Homeland Security Directive and try to pretend that FDR and Wilson are the only Presidents that have had any impact in this area?

There are established procedures and review. A President cannot just declare an emergency out of whim or as a bald grab for power. You have no idea WTF you are talking about.

Paranoid much?

The President has no intention, I am sure, of canceling any elections. What emergency would he declare?

This is like asking if I would continue to support him if he shot someone in cold blood on national television, or if he were abducted by aliens--these things aren't going to happen, so it's a ridiculous question.

I'll say it again: the Obama bashers spend far more time thinking about President Obama than his supporters do. What is up with that?

Edit: Because you guys blindly follow your right-wing leaders and believe whatever f0x News tells you to believe, you assume liberals are the same. You can't imagine that we think for ourselves because this is a totally foreign concept to you.

• Mary

Probably but I'm not sure if Liberals would support a decision by me to Cancel Obama in 2012 ?

Are you from this world or is this just wishful thinking? Nothing, nor any emergency would stop an election in the USA.

This is just a stupid question. There is no intent on canceling elections under any circumstances.

Only if they wanted to start a war inside the country.

• Ann O

It would depend on the emergency. If we were under the attack by angry Christian fundamentalist, maybe. But they will miss their faux nosie, so not likely to happen.

No I would not. Is there a point to questions like this? He doesn't have some new power that no other president had. Are you really that afraid?

Boogeyman why don't you let us answer questions directed to us? You little manchild.

• Robert

Ye, THEY would support him. The brainwashed obamabots would support him, if he appointed himself The Queen of The USA, Mongolia and planet Mars.