incat asked in SportsCycling · 10 years ago

Are Pyramid brand bicycle tire tubes worthwhile? What is a good solution against cockleburs putting holes in?

Are Pyramid brand bicycle tire tubes worthwhile? What is a good solution against cockleburs putting holes in my tires. Is there a puncture resistant tube?? Are Mr Tuffy or StopFlats2 bicycle tire liners good?

Favorite Answer

incat

Do not use the slimes / goos, lflat proof tubes or air less tires. The only thing that I have found that works are tire liners. They cost about the same as two tubes, will pay for themselves in the season, and will last a lifetime. I have used Mr. Tuffy's for over three years in my road bike, and have not had a road flat since I installed them. Just be sure to follow the installation instructions....

In your case make sure to feel around the inside of the tore to make sure you do not have any left over thorns stuck in the inside of the tread. If you feel one.... remove it with tweezers or needle nose pliers.

Soccerref

Soccerref

I would stay away from the slime tubes and use a tire liner. MrTuffy seams to work well. You can add a stronger tire with a kevlar belt if need for added protection. I very seldom get a flat tire. If a hear something stuck in my tire I stop and remove it.

tube brand isn;t going to matter

would not get slime or goo tubes

tire liners are worth trying

though they can cause their own problems

wle