Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Desktop Wallpaper on Windows 7?
I'm having trouble putting a wallpaper on my desktop, My computer is a windows 7 starter/ Intel 'Atom'. I right clicked the image i wanted (The image was Set to my computers screen size) and i looked at my screen and it was still a stupid blue screen with window's logo on it. I can't get to the properties...Somebody help me..
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Windows 7 Starter edition comes with one desktop background, which can't be changed or customized. Please see this link for details.
However, you can change it by using Oceanis Change Background:
1. Download the Oceanis Change Background Windows 7 ZIP file below provided by Oceanis.
2. Open the downloaded ZIP file and extract the Oceanis_Change_Background_W7.exe file to your desktop, then run it to install it.
NOTE: You will be prompted to restart the computer to finish installing this program.
3. When your computer restarts, you will see this as your desktop background. Click on the Oceanis Change Background Windows 7 shortcut to change your desktop background. (see screenshot below)
4. Browse to the images that you want to use and check (select) a image, or more than one image to have a desktop slideshow. Select the Picture position for how you want the images displayed, and any desktop slideshow settings if you selected more than one image. (see screenshots below)
NOTE: These options are just like the default ones in the other editions of Windows 7 here that are now being allowed by this program by Oceanis for the Windows 7 Starter edition.
5. When done, click on Save changes.
- 1 decade ago
Well, this is sad news for you. By default, you CAN'T change your wallpaper on Windows 7 STARTER.
I have a mate who has a Windows 7 STARTER notebook and he's stuck with the very same blue wallpaper with a Windows logo at the center.
You can select and change your wallpaper however if you have a higher version of Windows 7 such as Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate.
Here is however some promising solutions to your problem:Source(s): Experience
- ElizabethLv 45 years ago
Open your control panel. Appearance and Personalization<Change the Desktop Background<Browse (Find the folder it's in) Simply copying a file to the desktop won't change the background.
- 1 decade ago
Well I have an Asus Netbook, and this program works beautifully on mine: http://www.netbookfiles.com/2817/asus-eee-pc-1005h...
I see no reason why it shouldn't run on other Win7 PCs as well, so give it a try & let us know if it works, so that we can recommend it to other users as well. :)
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
i have the same problem and i asked this question and some1 said u cant changed it:(its sucks i no