Who are the greatest international football traitors?

In your opinion?

IMO it's Joey Simunic. Born and raised in Canberra, began playing football with an Australian club, then he fucl{s off to play for Croatia. Disgraceful.

Deco and Balotelli also come to mind; as does Evra and Djibril Cisse

@Light shielded by dark

I mean that players choose against playing for their country of birth/origin to play for European nations.

@Jyoti

Not that concerned about Vieri, we call him Aussie Christian over here. But we did get his brother, Massimilliano, who we call Mad Max. We'd have been happier if Aussie Christian played for us and Italy took Mad Max.

But he was born in Italy, fair enough he chose them.

Favorite Answer

Balotelli most defientely because he was given the chance to play at the World Cup at 19 but rejected. Italy was never gonna ask him and Ghana did. Balotelli was born in Palermo, Italy to Ghanaian immigrants.

And to the other comment Kevin Prince Boateng played 41 times for the German Under-15, Under-16, Under-19 and Under-21 national teams, scoring eight goals. In 2007 German National Under-21 Coach Dieter Eilts did not select Boateng anymore. He was never even asked to play for the senior team. He wasn't going to play for Germany anymore due to the lack of future chances to earn a call up for his home country.

And Evra arrived in France when he was only 12 months old.

Lukas Podolski and Miroslav Klose were both born in Poland and moved to West Germany later in life and chose to play for the "bigger" team.

Giuseppe Rossi was born in New Jersey, but his parent were Italian immigrant so I guess that's alright.

Nani was born in Praia, Cape Verde before his parents emigrated to Portugal. When he was five, Nani's father went on holiday to Cape Verde and never returned. A few years later his mother moved to Holland. Nani was raised by his aunt in Lisbon. Sad story. Don't blame him for cutting off a links to Cape Verde and adopting Portugal as his home country.

Balotelli is Italian, I am sure he was born in Italy, a black person can be from Italy, I agree with Deco he is only playing for Portugal for money, I think Evra & Cisse were brought up in France that surely gives them the right to play for France.

I think Evra - he left his homeland when he was 1 year old as his family emigrated to France..

Maybe he's having second thoughts about playing for France now though - what a bunch of losers !!

Owen Hargreaves

Born and raised in Canada. Trained in his youth in Germany. Choose to play for England.

Christian Vieri

Raised in Australia. Choose Italy.

The biggest traitor

Kevin Prince Boateng

Brought up in Germany. But choose to play for Ghana. His brother remained faithful though.

• You mean at the international level ?? I heard that Ozil has a Turkish heritage .. What is he doing at Germany ??? ;-)

Sorry , I have no idea about that .. But Giggs is the most loyal .. Stuck with Wales and couldn't play many WCs .. ;-(

Anelka and the whole 2010 french national team

Viera - should have played for Senegal

Owen - should have played for Wales

Terry Butcher - should have played for Singapore

Michael Owen!

he used to be my hero, my idol!

now he sold his soul to the devil!

for Barcelona fans, try "Figo"